Friday, February 4, 2011

katie couric aggressive glee

 Katie Couric aggressive Glee Super Bowl episode to air. Katie Couric will appear on Glee’s Super Bowl episode on Sunday. The CBS anchorwoman danced a bit too much, she explained, but she admits that it’s a tendency.
“I wasn’t quite sure what they would have me do. I thought it was pretty clear that I wouldn’t be singing in any significant way,” Couric said in a FOX TV interview about her appearance on the high-school musical. “I think maybe in my excitement I got a little too aggressive and I probably led a little too much when we danced together but that’s a tendency I have, in real life too,” she said.
Couric, 54, is a die-hard fan of the Emmy-nominated show. She ultimately was cast to play herself and interview the imperious cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (played by actress Jane Lynch) — who mistakes Couric for ABC newswoman Diane Sawyer. “I hate you,” Sylvester tells the CBS anchorwoman in a promo for the show.
LOS ANGELES -- CBS anchor Katie Couric will step out from behind the newsdesk in her guest role on "Glee's" Super Bowl episode to air Sunday.
"I wasn't quite sure what they would have me do. I thought it was pretty clear that I wouldn't be singing in any significant way," she said in a FOX TV interview about her appearance on the high-school musical.
Couric, 54, a die-hard fan of the Emmy-nominated show, ultimately was cast to play herself and interview the imperious cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (played by actress Jane Lynch) -- who mistakes Couric for ABC newswoman Diane Sawyer.
I hate you," Sylvester tells Couric in a promo for the show.Although, Couric said she has to be "a little bit careful" to keep her activities outside the newsroom professional, she did get into the mood by swaying with the music alongside the dreamy Will Schuester, played by actor Matthew Morrison, in one scene.
"I think maybe in my excitement I got a little too aggressive and I probably led a little too much when we danced together but that's a tendency I have, in real life too," she said.
"The Sue Sylvester Bowl Shuffle" airs Sunday on FOX after the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers face off at Dallas Stadium for Super Bowl XLV. FOX, like NewsCore, is owned by News Corp.

No comments: